Monday, January 28, 2008

Stand A Little Taller


As most of you know our beloved Prophet, President Gordon B. Hinckley passed away yesterday. He was such a wonderful example and such an inspiration. He is the prophet that I have grown up with, and it will be a little weird not to have him helping to encourage us on. President Hinckley always inspired the youth of the church to try to be a little better everyday. I found this great link with a few highlights of his life and talks:
And from it I pulled these little phrases which help to remind me of the wonderful spirit of our reveered prophet:
"Mediocrity will never do. You are capable of something better, give it your very best, you will never again have such an opportunity."
"Stand a little taller, rise a little higher, be a little better."
I will miss President Hinckley, but I know that the sweet reunion between him and Sister Hinckley must have been truly amazing.

No comments: